The Emergency Response Roving Manager (ERRM) will be engaged in emergency assessment, emergency response planning and emergency response set up, monitoring and post intervention assessment, facilitating trainings and coordination and representation to WASH cluster. She/he is also expected to assist in Cash Transfer programming and Beneficiary Feedback mechanism initiatives and is expected to spend over 50% in the field and deployments assignments in various regions in Ethiopia as needed. The ERRM reports to the Emergency Response Coordinator.
-Take part in multi agency field assessments (seasonal, rapid) in the event of an emergency with Addis and field team as well as with partners.
– Assist IRC Ethiopia Emergency Response Team and field offices in surveys, assessment, response planning, in implementation and monitoring of emergency responses.
– Take deployment assignments and organize and lead emergency operations assessment in new locations in the field, assist in hiring field staff, locating warehouse and office and set up emergency response in new areas when needed.
– Lead emergency response team in new intervention areas and implement quick responses for brief period as required
– Facilitate emergency response training and workshops for IRC and partner staff.
– Assist field offices in preparation and review of emergency response proposals.
– With guidance from Emergency Response Coordinator, assist in IRC Cash Transfer Programming initiative and emergency preparedness micro planning.
-Assist in set up, implementation and monitoring of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
Grant, Budget and procurement Monitoring and Management
– Assist in tracking and review of spending of IRC direct WASH interventions in the field is in line with original plan, and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and provide feedback to supervisor.
– Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for WASH, ES/NFI materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis.
– Assist in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster affected including documentation
Reports and Proposals
– Assist in the review field reports from IRC field offices and sub grants including review of ERR interventions tracking data sheets.
– Assist in the development of proposals and budgets for future emergency responses by the IRC Ethiopia;
– Assist in the review of proposals from partners and by the IRC for direct interventions are as per the requirement and standard.
– Assist in the review of IRC direct intervention proposals and assist the field team and program unit in drafting proposal and MoU for signing project agreement with relevant regional government Bureaus.
Monitoring and Evaluation
– Participate and assist in the monitoring of IRC direct interventions and sub granted projects.
Assist in facilitation of IRC Ethiopia own, government and donor monitoring visits and project evaluations.
– Participate in post intervention assessments in coordination with CWI, EH, Health and program units as well as field team.
Representation, Coordination and Working Relationship
– Work closely with IRC Ethiopia Health, EH, CWI, Program and other units for increased integration and team work;
– Regularly, represent at WASH cluster Coordination and other relevant emergency coordination forums with NGOs, UN agencies, government Bureaus in regions and share updates on this and emergency situations to supervisor.
– Assist the WASH cluster in assessment, preparation of guidelines, other technical documents etc.
Organize and Share regular IRC update to the WASH cluster including 4WS matrix.
The ERRM shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor, SERR Coordinator, and CD.