Nature Trust Alliance (NTA) is a unique collaboration between three of Europe’s leading conservation trust funds: the Caucasus Nature Fund (CNF), the Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust (PONT) and the Blue Action Fund. Acting as the European headquarters for our partner trust funds, NTA provides operational support services (financial management, administration, communications, reporting, etc.) so the funds can focus on their core missions of employing innovative and sustainable financing mechanisms for nature conservation.
The NTA-partner conservation trust funds have combined investment assets of EUR 120 million, and work with governments, NGOs and private sector partners to ensure improved capacity for nature protection.
NTA is seeking an organized and passionate multi-tasker for the role of Finance and Administration Coordinator. This post offers the opportunity to contribute immediately to a growing organization while gaining experience in the administration and management of a non-profit organization.
In addition to ensuring efficient coordination of day-to-day administration of the Frankfurt office, the Finance and Administration Coordinator will assume responsibility for many tasks in the areas of financial management, bookkeeping and reporting. The right candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, creative self-starter with proven experience in project and office management.
- Manage monthly expense reporting for NTA Frankfurt office and partner funds;
- Support monthly salary and expense payments for partner funds;
- Financial reporting on a quarterly basis to our accountant;
- Support NTA Director on financial management tasks like budgeting, cash management, financial statements, audit preparation, quarterly accounting review;
- Support all CTF’s regarding accounting questions;
- Maintain relationships with service providers (banks, bookkeeper, financial advisors, other pro-bono service providers);
- Support the Investment Committees;
- Control/improve operations and systems for NTA;
- Ad hoc reporting;
- Support NTA Director in other ad Hoc tasks.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers for utilities, rent, insurance, professional and other services, ensure services delivered as per contracts and invoices submitted properly;
- Office management including keeping supplies stocked, fixing problems with equipment, maintaining digital and physical files, correspondence and data filing.
- 2-5 years of experience in office/project management and coordination;
- Understanding and application of best practices in business accounting, budgeting and financial management;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Proactive and able to work independently once trained, and with minimal guidance;
- Flexibility to take on a variety of routine tasks and special projects;
- Demonstrated track record in troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow through;
- Experience working with international organizations or multi-cultural teams;
- Ability to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment while bringing an enthusiastic, collaborative approach to our work.
Fluency in written and spoken English is a must; German is an asset (working language is English).
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English, with all material in a single pdf document. Please include a letter of motivation (not more than one page) and curriculum vitae and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 September, 2019.
A shortlist of qualified candidates will be formally invited for interviews in September.
Due to the large number of applications received for each of our positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.
See original posting: https://www.tbd.community/en/j/nature-trust-alliance-cnf-pont-blue-action-gbr-finance-and