Please note that this vacancy is for talent pool
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 members of National Societies. The organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. IFRC’s work is guided by seven Fundamental Principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices the organization’s collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that presently confront humanity.
As one of the five decentralized parts of the IFRC Secretariat, the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) leads the support to National Societies of 38 countries – including Bangladesh – through eight Country Offices and five Country Cluster Support Teams.
The assigned person will be base in TO BE CONFIRM depending on location of operation.
The WASH Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of WASH Delegate. The person will be the principal representative in executing the WASH activities at field level and report to WASH delegate. The main objective of the WASH Officer is to establish strong coordination among stakeholders and linkages with PMI technical leads in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
- Support the implementation of the project activities in within the respective area of responsibility as per the Plan of Action.
- Maintain close coordination with PMI WASH counterparts in the project implementation.
- Support PMI in developing its capacity which include but not limited to organise or facilitate various meeting, workshops/trainings and planning.
- Ensure that WASH interventions are carried out in accordance with the approved plan of action, ensuring that the status of the WASH deliverables is regularly reviewed.
- Monitor the implementation of WASH activities; identify gaps, issues and risks and assist PMI in addressing these as necessary;
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken for the implementation for the WASH activities in the field level.
- Support PMI in building good coordination and collaboration with local government, NGOs, and other key stakeholders for WASH related activities.
- Support the WASH delegate in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skill training and knowledge development required for effective implementation especially in WASH related activities.
- Update and report to operation field coordinator on a regular basis about the progress or constraints of the operation activities.
- Coordinate all activities between the PMI provincial/District and IFRC team in the field.
- Record, document, and archive all the plan, finding, analysis, process, and result related to the project to ensure a smooth hand-over at the end of the mission
- Educated to Graduate Degree Level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- Professional qualification or equivalent of qualifying experience in Disaster Management
- Degree on civil engineering/environmental engineering/public health (preferred)
- 3-year experience in disaster operation management in the field of WASH
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff
- Experience of working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent (preferred)
- Experience of working for a humanitarian/non-profit-making organization (preferred)
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, spread sheets, etc.) (preferred)
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional level of patience and able to work long hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability solve problems in the field
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.HRD@ifrc.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: WASH Officer – Surge