WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker International is seeking an Analyst I to join our team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Emergency Management and Response group of the Alexandria, Virginia office. As part of this group, the Analyst will support a contract with the Federal Insurance Directorate Portfolio Management Team and may be asked to support other FEMA contracts as needs arise. This position will directly support FEMA’s Federal Insurance Directorate that provides customer-focused flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) to help survivors and their communities effectively recover from flood events. This position will join a team of project management professionals supporting the Directorate achieve its goals efficiently and effectively.
- Supports carrying out the established business process for each project
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to project team leads and team members
- Meeting facilitation with team members and clients
- Leverages project management tools and templates
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures
- Adheres to deadlines and makes sure client’s needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Keeps team leads and team members informed about project status, risks and issues
- Sets up and participates in project planning calls with various team members, as necessary
- Monitors record keeping and file maintenance
- Develops, updates and maintains tracking logs
- Facilitates project reporting process on a monthly basis
- Participates and facilitates internal team meetings as necessary
- Communicates ideas for process improvements
- Develops project statement of work and/or charter narratives
- Develops and updates project plans and schedules
- Develops project budgets in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Prepares & collects all required project closeout documents
- Assists in special projects, as requested, may include travel
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Geography or Environmental Science
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Ability to travel to and work at the client site located in Washington, DC
- Customer service and solution oriented attitude; able to represent the company in a positive manner with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proactive communicator
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) and/or Associate in National Flood Insurance (ANFI) certifications