An opportunity has arisen to join a new GHG and Water consulting department within the established accountancy firm Chavereys. Chavereys is a distinguished firm of Chartered Accountants advising the landed and property sectors, the energy and resource sectors and wealthy private clients. The team in Kent is the largest, single dedicated office advising the farming sector in England and we are looking to develop our service delivery into GHG, Water and Natural Capital services.
This is a new division, that offers the opportunity to work with clients that range from family farms to some of the UK’s major agricultural producers and landed Estates. The work will include working on audits and delivering reports on GHG emissions, setting GHG reduction targets, and establishing protocols for monitoring and reporting emissions.
In time projects will diversify into:
- Water resources assessments
- Life-cycle assessment
- Valuations of natural capital
- Analysis of energy resources
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience and aptitude for each of these functions, obtained through professional experience, educational attainment, or voluntary activities, in their application.
- Interest in climate change, agriculture and land-use issues
- Resilient candidate who can take initiative with workload
- Demonstrable competence with Excel and technical analysis
- Experience/interest of working in a fast-paced “start-up” environment that provides opportunity to take ownership and contribute thoughtfully to service development
- Proven organisational skills for managing multiple projects simultaneously, co-ordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Interest and ambition to deliver commercial value to clients on meaningful work projects
Great opportunity within a new venture at the intersection of technology, consultancy and business development. There is a “start-up” mentality to service development, but we offer the connections and security of working within an established business. The analyst role could evolve into project management, technology development or other relevant areas depending on candidate’s strengths and interests.
Chavereys main office is based in Faversham, just over an hour from London Victoria by train. It is expected that the role will offer a combination office work, site visits and opportunities for home working. Clients are predominantly in the south-East and East of England.
Equivalent to £24-£28K depending upon experience. Work will start on a self-employed consultancy basis with the intention to develop into a full-time employed role. Full support will be given on admin issues regarding self-employment and tax.
Interested candidates should send a CV (max 2-pages) and brief covering note (max 1-page) outlining your motivation for the role to: Will.email@example.com
Please title email application: Agricultural GHG & Water Analyst
Whilst the role is advertised until the 30th of October we are looking to recruit as soon as possible and encourage candidates to get in contact sooner to avoid disappointment.