Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: December 5, 2020
Earliest starting date: January 4, 2021
- Would you enjoy working to preserve our planet?
- Do you think engaging with large global companies can be an impactful lever for change?
- Are you excited about working closely with some of Europe’s largest companies to drive action on reducing emissions in their supply chains?
CDP Europe is growing, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual with skillsets in account management, a strong sales track record and data management to support the highly motivated, successful, and ambitious Supply Chain team at CDP. CDP’s supply chain program works with the largest companies in the world to improve the environmental performance of their supply chains by engaging their suppliers. If you have a passion and desire to proactively work with businesses to prevent dangerous climate change, then this is the ideal role for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in Continental Europe. Attention to detail, communication skills, efficiency and the highest-level of organization are fundamental to this role. In your role as Account Manager in the Supply Chain team, you will accelerate our mission and motivate global multinationals to engage with their supply chains with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and curbing deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9.640 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the over 920 cities, states and regions who disclosed in 2019, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
The role includes:
- Developing and executing strategic plans to implement CDP disclosure requests and related KPI criteria with major and diverse supply chains by engaging large corporations in Europe as members of CDP’s supply chain program;
- Providing data analysis and strategic insights for members on how to drive sustainable practices among their key suppliers
- Responsibility for recruiting new members to join the supply chain program;
- Fulfilling the membership objectives set by CDP including personal meetings, workshops, external communication and collaboration with other organisations;
- Advising members on how to expand supplier disclosure and integrate environmental data from CDP into purchasing decisions to shift their supply chains towards lower carbon, water secure and deforestation free ways of operating;
- Presenting at conferences and other events to raise awareness and develop new leads for future members of the program;
- Creatively developing and refining presentations, brochures and marketing material as well as the inherent program offering together with the Supply Chain team;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner;
- Other work supporting the program’s operations and international presence, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree, Masters preferred or relevant experience;
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships with members;
- Proven data analysis skills with love for detail plus good research/ argumentation skills; experience working with large datasets to pull out key insights for clients and provide strategic advice;
- Experience working with GHG emissions data;
- Proven track record in business development or sales with persistence, endurance and creativity and work experience in account management;
- Good business communications experience and a very strong command of business language, with ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Proven strong negotiation and networking skills. Ideally with existing contacts in networks across businesses in Europe, including relevant contacts within trade associations and industry working groups;
- IT skills and knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, CRM tools);
- Interest in engaging with companies from different sectors across Europe;
- Ability to manage time effectively and work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Fluent in English and French. Spanish a plus and any other major European languages.
Other Skills and Experience a Plus:
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics within a corporate environment, or from a procurement perspective;
- Special focus on GHG emissions accounting (particularly Scope 3) and /or water security / forest issues particularly concerning supply chains;
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Interim Manager Supply Chain.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Hugo Ernest Jones, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “AM Supply Chain – First name Last name” in the subject line.
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.
See original posting: https://www.tbd.community/en/j/cdp-europe-account-manager-supply-chain-fmd-berlin